In some situations such as you are out going of your home computer, needing an easy image editor without learning curve and it can run online in your browser or professional software like Photoshop, CorelDraw… are too much expensive and complex… It’s time for you to try these online – easy to use – image editor services.
Picnik: Photo editing made fun
I’ve just started using Picnik a couple of days but I have a great impression about the professional services of Picnik, it makes your photos fabulous with easy to use yet powerful editing tools. The website is now acquired by Google, it will help Picnik has more potential than ever and it supports up to 15 languages. The features of picnik:
- Fix your photos in just one click
- Use advanced controls to fine-tune your results
- Crop, resize, and rotate in real-time
- Tons of special effects, from artsy to fun
- Astoundingly fast, right in your browser
- Awesome fonts and top-quality type tool
- Basketfuls of shapes from hand-picked designers
- Works on Mac, Windows, and Linux
- No download required, nothing to install
In addition, Picnik can mix all of your photos to create a beautiful collages or turn your photos into a scrapbook, greeting card and more….
The service is free for everyone but if you want more, you can upgrade your account to premium service for just $24.95 a year.
Sumo Paint is a full featured photo editing / painting application, which works right in your favorite web browser! The application can be used in Windows, Macintosh or Linux operating systems. The only requirement is the Flash Player (which usually comes preinstalled in any OS). Furthermore, the Sumo Paint website is a thriving online art community of over a 10 million unique users and over 180 000 registered members from over 200 countries.
The online version of Sumo Paint has a look like Adobe Photoshop software and has many great features, you can view the complete list features of Sumo Paint at: http://www.sumopaint.com/features/
Another online image editor is Pixlr, Pixlr has 2 editor versions for you to choose: Pixlr Express and Pixlr Editor. While Pixlr Express is very easy to use, the Editor version can be a bit hard to understand if you are not used to this kind of photo editing software, however Pixlr has developed a Tutorial section to help you understand it, you can visit the Tutorial section by visitting: http://pixlr.com/wiki/tutorials.
If you have any trouble about using this tool you can visit http://www.sumopaint.com/help/ for help.
With Pixlr Express you can start editing your images with most simple tools like: Crop, Resize, Rotate images… Pixlr Express also offer you some adjustment tools and photo effects, you can add images to Pixlr by URL uploading or upload from your computer.
At the first time using Pixlr Editor I thought maybe this is an online version of Adobe Photoshop with the same window position, menu structure and effect list. So this is an advantage of Pixlr Editor to help people who have ever using Photoshop can use this tool easily.
Foto Flexer is the world’s most advanced online digital photo editor. It performs advanced effects previously only available to professionals using expensive software. FotoFlexer was founded by Arbor Labs, a team of graduate students and alumni from the Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology, University of California at Berkeley.
Foto Flexer can upload your images from nay sources: from your desktop, Facebook, Myspace, Flick…. and has a range of editor tools for you, you can watch a demo page of Foto Flexer at: http://fotoflexer.com/demos.php to find out what Foto Flexer can do. However, in my point of view, Foto Flexer is too simple because it doesn’t has a professional website design and powerful tools like Picnik or Sumo Paint but I still love it, it’ll be very effective for the simple job, and the service works fast, and free for using.
Phoenix Image Editor
From basic image retouching to complex effects, Phoenix Image Editor delivers the key features of a desktop image editor with the simplicity and accessibility of a web-based application.
With Phoenix Image Editor, you can edit your images with undo and redo, brushes, magic wand, and blend modes or work with layers, groups, and layer masks. Intuitive drag and drop interface, in addition, you can import your images from popular photo-sharing sites: Flickr, Picasa, and Facebook. Before you start, I recomend reading the tutorial of Phoenix: http://aviary.com/tutorials?tool=Phoenix
Besides Phoenix Image Editor, Aviary has also had other perfect tools to help you edit images:
- Peacock Visual Laboratory: Experiment with pixel-based images in completely new ways.
- Toucan Color Palettes: Used alone or in conjunction with our other creation tools, Toucan gives you the features you need to inject color into your creative process.
- Raven Vector Editor: Use Raven to create fully scalable vector art appropriate for logos or tee shirt designs.
- Five Best Online Image Editors
- 15 online photo editors compared
- The Top 8 Free Online Image Editors
- Top 15 Online Free Web-based Image Editing Applications
- 12 Great Online Image Editors – Free Photoshop Alternatives
- 6 Exceptional Web-based Image Editors
- 40 FREE Best Online Photo Editors, Don’t Miss!
- Top 17 Online Photo Editors